Re: Geometric Capital Growth / Optimal-f

Thanks to Aaron for the simple proof of the statistical
advantages of fixed fractional. It's always good to see
information on newsgroups rather than unsupported
assertions.

Ray, In my opinion the way to use fixed fractional with
futures is to bet at the integer size below your
calculation. This means that you will maximize your survival
at the expense of a lower return. Smaller contracts like
corn may get multiple contracts within your bet size and
with bigger contracts you might choose to use mini contracts
(if you wanted to go to that much trouble!).

Survival is much more important than the optimal fraction.

John