Re[2]: good & practical brokers

And just to balance this out...

I used PFG for about 6months.. and in that time found my emini
fills to take anywhere up to 30 seconds. The interface was clunky,
slow to respond, and generally all pretty "win 3.1"ish (never really
sure whether it was going to keep working or die at any moment).

The end came when I had an order I put in which took almost 15
minutes to fill. In that time I rebooted my machine twice, restarted
the software, cancelled the order a bunch of times, and got exactly
no response. Cost me a bunch of money, so I closed the account.
This was the worst of the day, but I had several other orders that
took maybe 5 minutes to fill. And no, not on globex, regular session,
with high volume, and lots of action.

Sent a LOT of documentation to them about the issue, and basically
got back "we're not interested, and we don't really care."

Am now with another broker, and get much more typical response,
fills inside a couple of seconds max. A very much happier experience.

I wouldn't go back to PFG, nor recommend them to anyone I cared
about if they paid me a million bucks*.

Si

*I might recommend them and then split the million with a mate :)