Sox-Ball system from Frank Richardson

Hello Omega,

  Frank asked me to post his message:

Jim:

I cannot seems to get my posts to go through to Omega list. Can you please post this message so as to help others ?

OddBall followers:

Noticed how poorly the plain jane OddBall 7,3,1 model has been performaing this year ?

It's because of several factors, but here's a model that I will call SoxBall that outperforms OddBall well in 2002 without
continual optimization.  Everyone knows that the SOX has been a leading index for the market lately. Why not use SOX instead
of Advancing issues ?

Run RL=2, BZ=1, SZ=1
Time for Central standard time folks is >1100 and <=1500

My equity curves show this model has really started to perform even better in the SPU2 contract.  My SOX data only runs
from 2-4-02 forward, but during that period I show using SPX:

$141,000 TNP
2.83 PF
13,147 MIDD

Even during the difficult period from 7-22-02 till 8-16-02 I still get $18,060 TNP
1.75 PF
$13,147 MIDD

Hey, why not use what works now, and stop worrying about whether or not it backtests successfully for several years !

Frank Richardson
                        mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxx