TradeStation's Name Change

You Wrote:
>>The name was changed purely for marketing and public relations reasons,
and
>>to deal with the effect of a merger acquisition and shift in business
model.
>>The TradeStation brand is what defines our company, so we believed that
was
>>the way to go in the future.  Also, transitioning from being purely a
>>software company to being a company that operates a full broker-dealer
>>trading platform resulted in Omega making less sense as a name, and
>>TradeStation making a lot of sense (that is what we now sell-a complete
>>Tradestation).  Accordingly, the new brokerage was named TradeStation
>>Securities (it used to be onlinetrading.com), the technologies/software
>>company was renamed TradeStation Technologies and the parent company
formed
>>to own both (the NASDAQNM public company) was named TradeStation Group.
We
>>hope this clarifies the name change issue.
>>Sincerely,
>>
>>Stephen Pepe, Jr.
>>Director of Client Support

My reply:

Well this seems to have opened up a few responses and some of you had good
answers as well as being able to air a grievance here and there. I think I
was somewhat abrasive with my question and I do appreciate a courteous reply
from all including Mr. Pepe.  Regarding the note below which states Omega
did make promises, I don't recall them. Mr. Pepe, would you be kind enough
to set the record straight as to any promises in writing to handle bugs or
upgrade the system.  If any of you following this string know of any
agreements in writing to that effect it would be good to put them into
public view. Also is it possible that anyone in your company was aware that
while selling TS5 and receiving compensation that there would be no
continuing support to up-grade TS5.  I must admit that I was somewhat
dismayed to see that less than a year after I paid approximately $3,000 for
the software, that it went from an open platform to not being allowed access
to the upgrades.

Regards,
Michael

You Wrote:

Good explanation, Steve. Now, tell us why Omega fell through on its promise
to existing clients to provide SP6 for TS2Ki. As you and Omega are very
aware, TS2Ki is full of bugs that make it iffy at best as an intraday
trading platform, yet it is still being sold in Europe by Omega's reps. Do
these new European clients realize that SP5 is incomplete and TS2Ki will
never be completed? Is this just bait and switch to lure them into signing
on for TS6? How about all us clients Omega has lost because they have not
been, shall we say, reliable? Does Omega care that we will never sign up
for TS6 until TS2Ki is finished as promised by them?