Re: Tradestation for sale

(The below was excerpted from Michael McGahee's e-mail)

That being said, If there is no difference between TradeStation
Technologies, Inc. and Omega Research, Inc. why did the (CEO, Board of
Directors, etc ad infinitum) choose to change their name from Mike to John?
The only two instances in life that I aware of as to why someone changes
their name is: a) actors because they are pretending to be someone they are
not and b) criminals who are trying to hide something. Possibly there other
reasons and certainly I'm sure your company does not fit under either of the
two but it would be interesting to hear "why"?

Regards,

Michael McGahee

Datsun to Nisson
Esso to Exxon
Federal Express to Fed-X

Many airlines, insurance, and technology companies.

There are hundreds of companies who have done it for "legitimate" reasons.
Names can become old and outdated or no longer reflect a company's primary
business. Sometimes a company is sold and the new owners just don't like the
old name.

Ever get a pet that has one name when you get it and you change it because
you don't like the name?

How about when a woman gets married? She "usually" changes her name?

How about airports....Washington National to Reagan International?

How about schools, roads, bridges, buildings, etc...their names are changed
all the time.

I am no great fan of how TradeStation Technologies, Inc. is run as a company
or how Omega Research, Inc. was run as a company. I have probably spent over
50 hours on the phone with their technical help department though the years.
All I am saying is there are MANY reasons that companies change their names
that are legitimate.

Now with that being said here is ONE of my problems with them as a company:

TradeStation 4 DID NOT have the ability to read EVERY TICK when doing
historical backtesting, only data that was one minute or higher. That created

the potential for BOGUS results in historical backtesting.

TradeStation 2000i DOES have the ability to READ EVERY TICK when doing
historical backtesting.
(If you want check this out, insert a strategy, then go to Format...Analysis
Techniques...click on the strategy...click Format...click Properties...go
down to Backtesting Settings and you CAN choose TICK, Minute, or Day)

TradeStation 6 will NOT READ EVERY TICK when doing historical backtesting.
(At least it would'nt when I was a subscriber about a year ago, which is why
I unsubscribed)

WHY IS THAT? How can you say that by using TradeStation 6 you can do
historical backtesting and know what the strategy results would have been
before you risk you money in your commercials and advertisements, when it
simply isnt true????

If the software is run in "real-time" then it DOES READ EVERY TICK and the
results of a strategy will be X, but when you "backtest" a strategy the
results will often be Y.

Here is what I want to know.

If you had the technology to read EVERY TICK in TS 2000i then why in the hell

would you make the newest software (TS6) NOT be able to read EVERY TICK in
historical backtesting which would cause the backtesting results to be BOGUS
in many instances?

I anxiously await TradeStation Technologies, Inc.'s reply.

-David Carrington