Re: Creating seperate session symbols for ES/NQ

Hello mguess,

can't help you on the surgery problem.  but for editting the
portfolio, open DS, don't connect, click Edit, use the various button
their to add new symbols, change, delete etc.  You need to enter the
symbol for Quote.com and the DBC Signal.  Some of the indices are
squirly in quote.com (e.g., QC:TVOL.NY = $TVOL).  Be sure so save that
little .cds file for back up in case you lose the main one.  Saves a
lot of tedious fiddling around.

Best regards,
 Jim Johnson                           mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxx

--

m> I'm using TS2k w/ Dynastore for Quote.com. Since it's no longer
m> supported I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I'm currently
m> collecting & charting data from both the ES & NQ symbols in the Globex
m> 24 hr format. I'd also like to create seperate charts for day-only
m> versions of these symbols. I suspect I'll have to create them again but
m> somehow edit them so the night sessiond data isn't collected. Also, so
m> Global Server doesn't get confused, I presume I'll have to rename them
m> somehow so they'll be understood by GS but will still be distinguished
m> form the standard ES/NQ symbols.

m> Finally, I'm not clear what I need to do to change what's listed in the
m> DS Portfolio, or do I just have it update itself to match what's in the
m> GS? It's been more than a year since I've had to do any of this & I'm
m> fuzzy on how to do it.

m> I'd appreciate any help I can get on this. I've been paying the full CME
m> fee so I can collect the SP/ND symbols to see how things are in day-only
m> format when all I really need is the $10/month special Quote.com offers
m> for the minis-only. But to get the charts for seperate sessions I need
m> to do some 'surgery'. Suggestions?

m> Thnx!

m> Michael