Re: Trading Software

Hmm.

    A Russian on the web selling inexpensive trading software. A good deal?
Duh. Oh, you remember Russia. That hotbed of trading software
development...NOT!

    No, you should think of Russia for exactly what it is...a 2nd world
country riddled and controlled by the most sophisticated organized crime
operation extant in the world today. Oh, did I mention run by an ex-KGB
chief?Sad.

    It is absolutely astounding to me that someone who is or plans to be a
trader would even consider purchasing black-market or pirated software. It
reminds of the newbie's who feel that all data should be incredibly cheap or
free.

    If you feel that application software is way over-priced...well, maybe
it is. So? Does that mean it's ok for a talented software person to use
his/her talents to hack into the app and then sell or give it away? That's
OK? Because you don't want to spend the money? You are THAT special?

    Oh, did I forget to mention the fact that software I and my friends
developed showed up on a Russian "For Sale" list? Maybe I tend to look at an
enquiry like this email from a slightly different perspective.

    It's about time that in the legit world of trading we put the hacked
software and cheap data concepts on the permanent back burner. Every
business has its own cost of entry and cost of doing business. For the
potential returns that trading offers, the cost of our software and data is
astoundingly low!

Jim