Re: Off Topic: Internet history kill software

Nate,
I often delete everything in my "C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5" folder.  I drop into "MS-DOS" mode and delete all the
sub-folders and the INDEX.DAT file.  This does NOT remove the entries you
previously typed in the Internet Explorer form spaces.  To clear these, use
the following steps.  This is for Windows 98.  However, I am sure you can
locate the correct options in your O/S:

Control Panel > Internet Options > Content tab > Click "AutoComplete..."
button > In the "Use AutoComplete for" section, uncheck everything
(especially if someone else uses your PC).  In "Clear AutoComplete
history", click the "Clear Forms" and "Clear Passwords" buttons. > Click
"OK" for this window.  > Click "OK" for the "Internet Options" window.
You're done.

You probably already know how to do this:  In Internet Options, under the
General tab, you might also want to use the "Delete Files" button to clear
your cache.  Under "Settings"  you could reduce your cache (Temporary
Internet Files) to 10 MB's.  Finally, in the General tab, you could click
the "Clear History" button to delete your history.  If you're really
paranoid, you could also reduce the number of days for your history to '0'.

Daniel.