Re: Intermittent Quote Delay on Charts (PCQuote)

  • To: "desnoirs" <desnoirs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Intermittent Quote Delay on Charts (PCQuote)
  • From: foolsgold <foolsgold@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 22:17:24 -0700

If after a reboot everything was on track it points to your system.
Sometimes not starting up in the correct sequence can upset things.
Check the Router, Modem, Firewall
It sounds like ZoneAlarm not agreeing with a Cable Modem
If you just can't find a cure, try another Internet Provider

d> Hi List:

d> (I sent this to PCQuote tech support, but they can't help until it happens
d> live and I call them right away)
d> Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

d> Problem is that I have a workspace with several (5-6) charts open of the
d> same instrument (/nq2ug, with 5 minute charts & 50, 100, 150 tick charts)
d> with 3-4 different indicators in each chart.

d> Problem is that some charts' data is lagging behind upto 20 minutes
d> behind the quote monitor's prices and non-lagging chart.  It starts
d> after the open and all charts eventually catch up to each other when
d> volume dies down midday.  Although I've had instances where some charts lag
d> ALL
d> DAY and doesn't catch up until after the RTH close.  The level of delay is
d> not
d> uniform between the lagging chart(s).

d> It seems the delay is not related to the complexity of the indicator.  I
d> am running a pentium 4 on a Windows 2000 Pro.  I iniatially believed it to
d> be
d> a  RAM issue, so I upgraded to 1.2 Gig RDRAM & still have the same issue. I
d> have not tried the obvious solution of reducing the number of indicators
d> on the charts.  Could a certain type of indicator or analysis technique
d> cause
d> the delay? (ie. having a system on the chart?)  I reboot the PC every 2
d> days.

d> WORST INSTANCE( happened few days later)
d> The quote monitor's  trade time AND Tradestation time (lower right hand
d> corner of workspace)  was almost 45 minutes behind the actual time (on
d> Windows task bar).  So it seems less likely due to calculation intensive
d> indicators and perhaps PC related?  I reboot the system, after which
d> everything was on track -- ie it started to collect data real time, but 45
d> minutes of data were never collected.

d> This has never happened before.  Prior to this worst instance , random
d> charts lagged, but never the quote
d> monitor data.

d> Can someone point me to any resource/link that could "fine tune" TS2000i's
d> performance?

d> Any guidance would be very appreciated.

d> Herb

regards
foolsgold