Re: EXIT STRAT

>Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this code.  I keep getting exits with
>much larger losses than $1000 on S&P contracts.  I'd appreciate the help.
>
>If marketposition = 1 and OpenPositionProfit < -1000 then exitlong
>("StopL");
>If marketposition = -1 and OpenPositionProfit < -1000 then exitshort
>("StopS");

Are you using daily bars?  I believe TS executes these orders at the
close of a bar.  If your loss is more than $1000 at the close, it
exits.  If you want to exit somewhere in the middle of a bar, you
need to add a stop or limit price to the order.

A better way would be to set a "money management stop" - see the
StopLoss signal.  You do it like this:

SetStopContract;
SetStopLoss(1000);

Then any open contract will exit at $1000 loss.  If you used
SetStopPosition beforehand instead, then any open position will exit at
$1000 loss even if the position is made of multiple contracts.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com