Re: How does one look at indexes and optimize from a strategy built on a tick chart

You probably can never have 2 tick level symbols in TS within one chart,
and be able to reference to them both in your trading system - now or future :)

You may want to try to look at 1 min as the base to see if you are willing
to accept the minute driven interval - if not, time to switch platform :)

Lawrence

--- Jim Johnson <jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Michael,
>
> I'm not very knowledgeable of TS6 but I believe you cannot insret two
> tick level symbols in one chart.
>

> Best regards,
>  Jim Johnson                           mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> --
> Friday, July 19, 2002, 11:02:38 PM, you wrote:
>
> MT> Hello list,
>
> MT> I need to look at the $ADV index from within a Tick chart. However TS6 won't
> MT> let me insert the index as a data2 item. I would like to view the index on a
> MT> tick bases as well. If I use some type of global variable (need a suggestion
> MT> here), how can I back test the system using two charts linked together by
> MT> passing the current index value of chart 1 through the global variable to
> MT> the strategy running the S&P tick chart 2. Is there a way to get performance
> MT> results with two charts?
>
> MT> Is there any way to add the index to the S&P tick chart?
>
> MT> Thanks,
>
> MT> Mike.

=====
Lawrence Chan   http://www.tickquest.com
Transform market data into opportunities