Re: Limited life span of mechanical systems?

Dittos to what Elliot and Alex said. Here's a practical example I posted
a while back. I find this more useful than a single number. If you want,
these numbers can be subjected to further statistical analysis but it
really isn't necessary. Just do some soul searching and decide how much
risk you enjoy -- 50% chance of wiping out the account? 10%? .1%? Then
bet accordingly.

As an aside, Optimal_F usually gives you a higher than 90% probability
of wiping out the account when you run the system through the MC. So,
Optimal_F is decent at defining where the edge of the cliff is. What it
doesn't do is tell you how far back from the cliff edge you need to walk
to feel "safe." The MC does that.

--
  Dennis