Re[2]: OT - backup/cloning large disks?

On Sunday, July 14, 2002, 11:50:48 AM, CRE wrote:

C> I've had very good luck using a backup program called System Guardian
C> (www.systemguardian.com).

Thanks for the pointer - this looks quite good.

C> One recommendation: Instead of backing up to a network, I'd urge
C> you to buy a second HD since it becomes a bootable backup.

This is what I actually do, and it is removable. I have several
computers, and I like to do backups from one machine via the net using
Ghost.

C> The program has saved my bacon several times where something became
C> damaged or corrupted on my primary disk.

Yes!! My computers seem to have "did-I-do-a-backup" sensors, too.
Whenever I get lazy and postpone backups, they seem to pick those
times to cause problems. :-)))

ztrader