Re: Integrated Sound?

On Monday, July 15, 2002, 7:40:45 AM, Ron Cernokus wrote:

RC> In process of rebuilding my computer.  I Heard something in the past
RC> about integrated sound being a problem.  Can anybody offer any info on
RC> this.

It can be a problem. The latest one I know of was only two days ago.
The built-in sound was preventing the proper install of a program.
This was on a 'fun' computer, < 1 year old, and it turned out that
disabling the sound chip allowed the program to install properly.
After the install, the program worked OK when the chip was again
enabled. It was a PITA to track this down.

I have seen sound-related problems in the past, and no longer use chip
sound on any 'serious' computer. Even cheap SB cards seem to cause
fewer problems.

ztrader