From: Alexander [mailto:alexander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 12:17 PM
To: Omega List
Subject: Work 50-70 hours a week

Color me lazy!

This month's Active Trader magazine has an article, "A Trader
Checklist." It
says, "In most cases though, being a successful trader requires anywhere
between 50 and 70 hours of work per week."

Doing what?

The active markets are only open about 30 hours a week if you stare at
the
screen the whole time. How much "study" does it take before you learn
something
simple that you feel comfortable with? Then what? An hour a day reading
trading
books and magazines to see what other people are playing with? It takes
10
seconds to put on a trade and 10 seconds to close a trade. It takes 10
minutes
to figure out where to get in, where to get out wrong and a target.
Every
software and web package has alarms.

I'm just a beginner and maybe a fool but just what are you experienced
successful people doing all that time? Or does that 50-70 hours include
yoga,
watching daytime TV, emails to friends, washing dishes, web surfing,
making
dates, clipping toenails?

alexander the lifestyle-challenged