Re: Work 50-70 hours a week

Interesting thread. A few random thoughts

For most traders trading is not only a job its there hobby and even a
passion Mike (Viper) sound pretty passionate about his work to me. However
in his case it sounds like quiet a business he is running there too.
Personally I have spent a long long time doing a 100+ hours a week however
I'm slowly coming to the opinion that it is not neccassary. In fact my
'hobby' (an interest in analysis) was starting to adversly affect my job
(trading). Since I have curtailed the hoby and focused more on the job my
results have improved dramatically.

You only need to take one or two points out of the market each day to pretty
soon reach financial security. Does that make you successful?

Some of the real basics about how price moves are sufficient to trade
profitably, over analysis can cloud these simple truths. As a corollary to
this simple systems are usually the most robust. Less is often more.

Once a skill is mastered it takes less effort to maintain it (debateable?).
Moving from good to great is largely a mental process this takes every
waking minute!!

Personaly I'm looking forward to mastering my job so I can go back to
spending those 100's of hours on a fascinating hoby.

Cheers,
Nick.