Re: Work 50-70 hours a week

I disagree completely on having to be on a constant quest for new methods.
The markets may change in terms of bear/bull and other things like
volatility but the Price action doesn't.  I've been trading the same methods
for years and while I have added a wrinkle here and there as I become more
experienced, the underlying methodology has remained and will remain
constant.  If you're spending every weekend looking for something new and
different to try you're highly unlikely to achieve any kind of success.  You
need to choose a fork in the road in terms of methodology and then bear down
and learn it - and there is a huge difference between recognition and
understanding.

I do agree that it takes a tremendous amount of time and energy to become
proficient at this game.  My day begins when the bonds open and ends when
the indexes close - most days.  But there is the Globex session on certain
news events as well.  Not to mention the preparation that needs to be done
each night before the market opens the next day.

Once you reach a certain level you may decide to not trade every day, move
to a larger timeframe to reduce the number of trades, etc. and that would
obviously reduce the number of hours you "work"....But don't underestimate
the amount of time and energy it will take to get to that point - it is a
h-ll of a lot more than you think.

Bobh