Re: Moving from stocks to futures

Dear Douglas,

I "discovered" futures for myself during law school when I was bored out of my
gourd and looking for something to occupy my mind --- this was just before the
run-up in precious metals in the late 70s, and the futures (then known mostly
as the "commodities") market was then beginning to heat up.  I went into my
local bookstore (the UCLA student bookstore) and found what, over the years,
has proven to be a remarkable read.  It was published by a group of business
professors at Long Beach State, just south of LA, and apparently it has been
so successful that it has been repeatedly revised and republished.  The
listing for the current edition at Amazon ($34.97) is

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0070647577/qid=1025637594/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/102-5761057-4887353

although that edition can be obtained cheaper ($22.99) at Half.com, and prior
editions can be obtained much, much cheaper ($0.75 for the 1977 paperback,
like I had) there:

http://half.ebay.com/search/search.jsp?nthTime=1&product=books&query=the+futures+game&x=11&y=15

Welcome to this exciting game --- fasten your seat belt,

Richard