Last trading day before July 4th traditionally Bullish ?

Gotta give credit to famous S&P pit trader and screen trader Louis Borsellino for this one.
(www.tradingmarkets.com)

Last year I remember reading his analysis claiming the last trading day before the 4th is typically Bullish
(a patriotic thing ?). Because of weekends that day could be July 2nd instead of 3rd.

To wit:
I'm using back adjusted futures data so the adjusting could skew the no. of points by ~10%.

All 4 post-split days are bullish:

2001   +1.6 pts.
2000   +20 pts.
1999   +13.5 pts.
1998   +2.5 pts.

But pre-split days down through 1990 at $500 per pt. are mixed:

1997   +11 pts.
1996   -0.3 pts. and massive gap down overnight which is
what could happen this holiday if terrorists strike.
1995   +0.85 pts.
1994   -0.7 pts.
1993   -1.8 pts.
1992   -1.8 pts.