Re: Off Topic - Lawyers rush to file lawsuits against WCOM ?

As Wm. Shakespeare once wrote
----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Richardson" <frankr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 11:47
Subject: Off Topic - Lawyers rush to file lawsuits against WCOM ?

> RANT -
>
> I can see it now --- greedy lawyers tripping & cussing over each other at
the courthouse steps in their rush to get their lawsuit certified as THE
class action suit for WCOM stockholders  ----  of course whoever it is it'll
probably end up like most settlements --- the class action lawyers will
negotiate a closed door deal with the WCOM lawyers generating a settlement
proposal that pays the class action lawyers $50 million in fees while the
WCOM stockholders will get offered "the knawed over bones" like a $10 rebate
coupon on a brand new Acme telephone
> (redeemable at WAL-MART).
>
> (Plantiff's Lawyers: "We'll let you WCOM guys off comparitively easy if
you settle, you just pay our $$$fees and expenses and in exchange we'll not
push for anything substantial for the stockholders -- consider the
alternative --- you're getting off comparitively cheap").

> There ought to be a 2nd class of blood sucking lawyers who sue the initial
class action lawyers over the unconscienceable, incredibly out of balance
deals they cut.

> Where are the State's Attorney Generals who are supposed to be supporting
the rights of consumers/stockholders (read:voters) ?
> Are the AG's silent since the class action lawyers use third parties to
throw them a $50K bone or two for their