Re[2]: Advice on coding Tradestation API with IB using C++ or VB

Hello Alex,

Sunday, June 23, 2002, 11:16:15 AM, you wrote:

>>I wanted to code Tradestation API with other third party tools such as
>>Interactive Broker to automate my trading systems but the problem is I
>>have some basic programming experience with VB only.

AM> Basically you need to write a DLL for TradeStation, and in that DLL you
AM> handle the communication between TS and IB.  IB has APIs for C++, Java,
AM> and Visual Basic (for Excel).

      Thanks for your advice. I wonder have you try to do any coding
      on this and hope you can share out your setup to me as I still a
      little blur on how to go about with it.

>>Can any one please advice me what are the minimum parts or topics in
>>VB and especially C++ as I need to study in order to be able to program.

AM> Find some material on writing DLLs.  Download all the API material from
AM> IB and study it, especially the Excel spreadsheets if you use VB.

AM> One alternative (without resorting to DLLs) is kludgy but it should
AM> work.  Have TS output its most recent signal to a file.  Your VB
AM> program would poll this file for changes every 5 seconds or so, and
AM> when it detects a change, it either sends the order, or puts up a
AM> dialog box for you to confirm the order.

    Any research sources such as discussion forums or web site for
    these.

--
Best regards,
 AceTrader                            mailto:tradersh@xxxxxxxxxxxx