Momentum scan

I am about to show my ignorance and for that I apologize. I have been trying
to develop a system that would allow me to scan a group of ishares for
relative momentum strength. The idea being to eventually turn this into a
trading strategy. I received an email from Trade Station as follows;

Here is a sample of the modified technique that will also output the symbol
name.
inputs: price(Close), length(1) ;
if lastbaronchart then begin
plot1(close, "LastPrice") ;
fileappend("C:\Windows\Temp\Data.Txt", Text(GetSymbolName, Date, Time,
Close, Momentum(Price, Length))) ;
end ;
The indicator above will only output the result of the last bar of the first
data stream applied to a chart window. You will need to use the Workspace
Assistant to scan through a group of symbols. Please contact our software
support center for further assistance with the Workspace Assistant.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to work as they have indicated. It does not
generate the output as indicated and causes error messages. The output
generated has some of the data indicated but not much.
If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
Or, if you are aware of any Easy Language files already in existence that
are similar that would be great.