From: "Frank Richardson" <frankr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 1:42 PM
Subject: How safe .els files ? Reverse engineerability ?

> I'm interested in the possibility of protecting my work with password
protected (locked) .els. Seems I've seen some discussion on the o-list
before where the majority opinion was that even locked .els files were
"crackable".

> As I understand, a protected ELS file does not contain the source file, it
only contains the executable file.

> Is it possible for a thief to "reverse engineer" from the .exe file ?  Can
you give me some sort of example how much effort may be required ?

> If you put a date limitation in your .els file then can't a thief just
change the date in his bios so he can keep running the .els file ?