Re: Dual monitors

At 06:46 AM 6/18/2002 , you wrote:

>Many thanks to everyone who has replied both in the list and personally.
>
>I am inclined towards a 17" TFT monitor and it seems that digital inputs
>are the way to go.

http://www.samsungonline.co.uk/lcdmonitor/
You could go with the 170T and maybe get a good price on "last year's
model" here, or at another reseller.  If you can afford it, the 181T (and
191T not seen on this site) are excellent.  Their super thin frame makes
them ideal for a dual monitor display.  Quality on all the Samsungs is
superb.  All these "T" monitors have connectors for both analog and
digital.  The monitor should come shipped with both an analog and digital
cable. Phone up the reseller if you open the box and there's no digital
cable - because they can be a pain to find separately.

>Also, any dual graphics cards, preferably with both analogue and digital
>Outs or just digital Outs.

Matrox G550 is your best bet. Has one analog and one digital output.  Will
work under Windows 2000 at different resolutions on each monitor.

Simon.