Re: Easylanguage : How to sort a multidimensional array?

Alex said :

> Probably the best all-around fast sort to implement in EasyLanguage
> is the heapsort, not the algorithm known as "quicksort."...

I received the following message from someone who didn't reply to
the omega-list but did reply to me. What is your opinion, Alex? :

"I researched this a while ago...... and there is a big problem with EL
because it does not support recursion...... thus, QUICKSORT is out.
I painstakingly implemented a HEAPSORT in EL, that does NOT change
the order of the data in the array, but returns an array of new array offsets
that are pointers to the array in sorted order. Better than a bubble sort,
however, I was still not impressed with the performance. Best to go with
a "C" based DLL"

Thanks,

Gerart