Re: DTN Down?

Hi Andrew,

I probably wasn't very explicit.  Let's try one more time...

By providing DOD in TS charts, you are offering the advantage of bypassing
the process of loading past certain# of bars (that one requires) with
GlobalServer first.  In other words when your product is in place, the user
can go directly to TS chart in real time and pull up say, MSFT intraday,
daily, etc, for past bars (the user specifies) as DOD and continue updating
in real time.  I am assuming that all the data the user got as DOD and the
data that is updating in real time are all saved on the hard drive as tick
and/or daily data ...so next time you can access this data from the hard
drive.
Now let's go to Radarscreen.  You are saying DOD would have been possible
but for calculated fields.  So I wanted to find out that if the user does
not have any calculated fields but just price data (or for that matter no
price fields even but just the symbol field and maybe also the compression
field), then would it be possible to get past bars (the user specifies) as
DOD for all the symbols in the page (of course upto the symbol limitation,
if any, from the datafeed vendor) and continue updating in real time.  Again
I am assuming that all the data the user got as DOD for all the symbols in
the page and the data that is updating in real time are saved on the hard
drive as tick and/or daily data.  So now the user can start adding fields
(price fields and/or indicator fields) to the page which will also update
with price change.  Keep in mind, RS with just price fields is nothing but a
quote window.

Question:
How does this process of DOD in RS now stand in your way (as there are no
calculated fields during DOD and all calculations when you invoke calculated
fields after DOD, are from data on the hard drive)?
And if this process works in RS, why will calculated fields not show or
update if the user invokes them after the DOD process?

Why did I prepare such a long email?!:
If your product works in RS, then no downloading and importing necessary for
multiple symbols via GlobalServer.  And assuming downloading data via DOD is
fast in RS, a user can go from page to page of RS, predefined with symbols,
and get history data fast and easy.

Hope I make sense this time,

Romi