RE: Unidentified subject!

  • To: "Jim Bronke" <jvbronke@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Unidentified subject!
  • From: "M. Simms" <prosys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:30:18 -0700

I believe the way it works has not been documented much at all...
Technically, I believe when a "new bar" event is triggered for an ACTIVE
SIGNAL,
a buy/sell event listener is generated by the signal alert monitor to the
charting module.....since it is plotting in REAL TIME.
When the REAL TIME price reaches the STOP or LIMIT, then buy/sell event is
triggered, the alert box is thrown, and a new trade entry or trade exit is
made.

Yes, one big problem they "forgot" with stop and limit orders, is the
CONSTANT ANNOYING ALERT reminders even when the STOP or LIMIT price is FAR,
FAR away from the MARKET PRICE.
There should have been a PERCENT-FROM-MARKET setting so that "dumb" orders
by-pass the alerts.
Naturally, you can add your own code to do this ;)