Re: Folding@xxxxx United Devices Cancer Research Program

This is a BIT off topic but I'd like to add something.  The markets are closed
anyway.  There are many P2P programs.  Intel and United Devices offer 3.  On
March 31, 2002, I installed the "United Devices Cancer Research Program".  I
removed the ShortCut in the StartUp folder and start UD-Cancer manually whenever
I wish.  The program runs at the lowest priority in Windows so it is not
noticeable at all.  The program has a "snooze" mode which allows you to stop it
for 15 minutes if you need to do something important but it really isn't
necessary.  I keep a close eye on what goes over my ISP connection and I have
never seen anything suspicious.  The UD-Cancer installer only installs 3.3 MB's
into its own folder and a small 72 KB screensaver, ud.scr.  I do not use any
screensavers.  UD-Cancer has strict guidelines concerning privacy and security:
http://members.ud.com/about/getting_started/privacy.htm

Download Page:  http://www.intel.com/cure/download.htm
For this project alone, over 120,000 YEARS of CPU time have been donated by
users.
http://members.ud.com/stats/projects/cancer/
There are over 836,000 members of UD:
http://members.ud.com/stats/members/

I installed SETI@xxxx around May 1999 but I stopped using it in favor of
UD-Cancer.  BTW, there are AT LEAST 3,756,882 PC's in SETI.  Some users have
more than 1 PC.  SETI has so many PC's, they can't provide enough bandwidth to
supply them all:
http://www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/totals.html

United Devices also had an Anthrax project which was from 1/22/02 to 2/14/02.
The goal was to reduce the number of available molecules to obtain a cure to
Anthrax.  On 3/8/02, the results were given to the United States Department of
Defense and the UK.  Dr. Graham Richards, Chairman of the Chemistry Department
at Oxford University:  "Research that was believed to be impossible in my
lifetime is now not only possible, but has been accomplished in a few short
weeks."
http://www.ud.com/company/press/press_releases/03082002.htm

Daniel.