Re: Dual monitors

I have been looking into this myself.  Matrox has had their G200MMS out for
some time.  The G200 is a very old chip which came out in 1998.  They are
coming, sometime this year, with a slightly newer G400.  The G400MMS will
also have a dual or quad option.  The G400 chip is at least 2 years old.

nVidia is also coming out this year with dual and quad business PCI cards.
There are, of course, other companies such as ColorGraphic and APPIAN which
have cards.  If you only want to run dual monitors, you might want to buy an
nVidia G4 4600.  You not only get the highest performance, but you also only
use your AGP slot.  Asus has a Deluxe model:
http://usa.asus.com/vga/agpv8460/features.htm

The Asus v8460 Deluxe has all the connections including, I believe, dual DVI
for dual LCD's.  With the G4, nVidia has improved their dual monitor options
and software.

As for monitors, 19" LCD's have come down quite a bit.  I just found these
today, surprising how relatively inexpensive they are.  Both have native
1280x1024x24 @ 75 Hz and 500:1 contrast ratio:
Sceptre X9 $849
http://www.sceptre.com/Products/LCD/x9.htm
http://queen.pricewatch.com/search/search.idq?ne=38854&l=38808&cr=Sceptre+19+lcd&qc=%22SCEPTRE%22*+AND+%2219%22*+AND+%22LCD%22*+AND+@xxxxxxxxx>0+AND+@xxx+958