Re: Code Help for new OddBall indicator

Frank wrote:

>I'm having a bit of trouble trying to create just a simple
>indicator so that I can left click on any bar and it will show me
>in that little TS2000i square window the "percentage" of Advancing
>issues such as >3% or better which should show a signal shuld have
[snip]
>Somehow I it appears I need to get the "percentage math" into it:

Hint: look at the source code for RateOfChange.  It's already a
percentage, scaled so that 1 whole unit is 1%.

>Inputs: RL(7), BZ(3), SZ(1);
>
>Plot1(RateOfChange(Close Data2, RL));
>Plot2(0,"Zero");

The RateOfChange output on advancing issues will be strange values
like -56 or +98.  If the previous value of Advancing Issues was low
(say 2), and the next value is higher (say 40), the ROC will be
huge.

If you want percentage that are advancing issues, you can get that
only by dividing advancing issues by total issues.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com