Re: Bad ticks

Hi DC,

D> I am trying to make my day-trading system more reliable and robust.
D> First thing to address is to make the system immune to "bad ticks".

D> Any feedback? or pointers?

One  option  to  consider  is  Dynastore software. There are
several  different  versions of Dynastore that are available
that  work with quite a few different feeds. I currently use
the  verison  for  Quote.com,  but I believe the feature I'm
describing to be available for the other data feeds as well.
There  is  a  filter you can use when collecting data called
Filter  Limit  Multiplier.  You  choose  the  value  for the
multiplier  depending  on the symbol and it's price, and any
tick  outside of that range will be filtered before reaching
GS.

I  know  that  DB is no longer selling Quote.com versions of
Dynastore.  eSignal  is  a direct connection, unless you use
TS4.  You can check the development for the latest feed, DTN
via  satellite  and  also  DTNIQ via the internet. There are
other  feeds  supported by Dynastore, just check the website
at www.dynastorelight.com

--
Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO