Bad ticks

I am trying to make my day-trading system more reliable and robust.
First thing to address is to make the system immune to "bad ticks".
Several brokers scared me by claiming that this is a big issue.

Here are some questions about bad ticks:

- What is a frequency of bad ticks ? Once a week, once a month?
I am particulary intersted in eSignal and ES contract for TS2ki.

- What is a nature of bad tick? Tick  value usually goes to zero? or go to high
values ?

- When bad tick comes, what is a fastest way to delete this tick from your
Global
Server(GS) for TS 2ki ? Any software do it automatically?

I am using PATS system for order placement. Any bad ticks are happening
also in this platform? Are reliable filters installed on PATS servers preventing
bad ticks from coming ?

Any feedback? or pointers?

Regards, DC

P.S.

For geneartion of buy/sell signals, I am using only Close prices
of 1-minute or 3-minute bars. I am therefore assuming that bad
ticks will have no impact on my trading, they will only change High
or Low prices of my bars.

However, arrival  of bad tick will probably shrink all my charts to
a zero line, therefore fast removal of bad tick from GS is important.

I am able now to retreat PATS prices. Perhaps it is worth of checking eSignal
against PATS prices all the time, and if PATS is more relaible, then decide
in PATS favor in case of discrepancies.