Re: Off topic: new cable modem

Thanks Guys:

I realized that I'd need some kind of switch for more than
two computers, but since there is a USB and an ethernet output
on the modem I wondered if you you could hook two computers to
the thing. It'll be easy enough to try. Still,  a router seems
like the way to go. They play a bit of a name game with this
stuff: router and "internet gateway" is applied to the item below
in different places. Looks like a great deal, I'll only need to
hook up four computers:

http://www.techdepot.com/Product.asp?ProductID=107044&iid=937

So I'll need ethernet cards, cable, modem, and router. Anything else? Any
thoughts? Deals on kits?

Thanks,

BW