Re: OFF TOPIC: best image files format

Hi Jim,

JJ>   Which  one(s) are best for sharing with various lists,
JJ>   emailing  to collegues etc. .pdf is listed but I don't
JJ>   have Acrobat Writer.

JPEG  format  will  be your best choice. That will be one of
your  listed choices. Consider the compression when you save
the  file--the  medium compression will work fine for email,
web  pages,  etc.  and keep the file small. A lower level of
compression  will  make  better prints. Also your resolution
for  the  scan  will make a big difference in the file size.
Generally,  printed  photographs  are not much more than 200
dpi. Scans for email and web can be of lower resolution.

Although   you  don't  have  Acrobat  Writer,  your  scanner
software can create PDF files, and these will be readable by
users with Arobat Reader.

--
Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO