Re: IQFeed/DTN

Hello Jim,

JJ> Any  beta  testers  out there who could sneak a hint about how the
JJ> Dynastore/DTN product is working?

mostly having hell, here. stopped using it. maybe it's better now.

JJ> Or any other info on predicted availability?

db  is  an  extremely  talented  and valuable vendor but all these 3rd
party  vendors  are  sorely lacking in seeing what we all need. i will
lay out part of the solutions needed, please feel free to critique and
add suggestions so that someday someone will have a blueprint.

1.)  there  needs  to  be  a  web  based  service which will load your
portfolio  and  no  matter what data vendor you are using. would allow
you  to  specify  a  start and end date and create a .omz or .xpo file
ready  for import. repeat after me it would have to auto translate the
symbols   from   the   source   to  the  clients  symbols  being  used
"AUTOMATICALLY" to be of any value what so ever.

NOW CHANT REPEATEDLY "AUTOMATICALLY"

ps I am convinced that dtn is the right feed for now, anyway. and my
comments are about the dtn sat - ds product.  haven't seen the iq
product yet.

also on the data archive project list there was some talk about doing
this web based auto convert paste in thing just to give credit. see
below some comments.

A system can have this parts:

1.  WEB  Interface  for  request data from data on demand data vendors
(Bloomberg, reuters...) and adding to the database (2)
2. SQL Database with all data ever requested
3.  Generating  data from the SQL database in XPO/OMZ file format to a
FTP  area,  select Data Vendor Symbol and target symbol in the XPO/OMZ
file.

optional :
4. WEB Interface to add existing XPO/OMZ files to the SQL database
5. WEB Interface for editing data

--
Best regards,
 Mark                            mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx