Re[2]: Boat Load of Backups

Hello Jeff,

JM> I  have had good luck for many years buying used UPSs on ebay. Not
JM> the  little 500VA crappers, but nice big units that we use for our
JM> servers.

the  below combination was suggested by someone on the list. i like it
apc  says  it  will  run  a  flurry  of stuff for 10 hours or a single
computer  and some stuff for 40 hours. i could fly back home and start
the  generator  myself  if i had to. downside is total cost at best is
1300.00  and  weight  about  300  pounds,  oh my back. guess i will be
throwing a battery backup party soon, who wants to come help.

http://sturgeon.apcc.com/techref.nsf/docID/D81C90003390C9E1852566F0007F6EF3/$FILE/D0191B3.pdf

http://www.apcc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SUA1000XL

if they make a weather proof model i could just let it set out side
but with my luck lightening would hit it.  ok looking at google now
for storage sheds and lightening rods.
--
Best regards,
 Mark                            mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx