Re: Re[2]: Boat Load of Backups

> dbs> My APC1000 has been going strong for 3 years now.
> dbs>  I don't know if that's a long time or not.
> wow thats great.  i only get about a year and a half outta mine.
> then they are like rats on a ship, one goes they all follow like
> dominos.

I have an OptiUPS 280es that's been humming along for almost 3.5 yrs
now.  One of these days I should replace it with a bigger one so it
could run the CPU *and* monitor for an hour or so.  Or maybe the
money would be better spent on a flat-panel display...

> you mean instead of taking the old ones out and bashing them
> down on the sidewalk i could have been buying replacement battery's?

Some of them let you do that, yes.  I don't think all of them have
replaceable batteries.  Some also let you supplement their internal
batteries, e.g. if the bass aren't biting you can hook in the
batteries from the boat.

Gary