Re: Off-Topic: Browsers

> I am using Netscape 4.79

Ditto for email. I switched to Internet Explorer for browsing because
too many pages won't load without it. But only a fool (sorry guys) would
use Outlook Express for email. Along with the numerous security holes
which make it a non-contender, I don't care for the HTML-biased
interface and I really hate that it won't show email addresses (only
names) in the Inbox. You have to "view source" to see who sent the mail.
How lame is that?

I have Pegasus and TheBat. I don't care for the Pegasus interface at
all. Too many windows. TheBat is pretty good. It's probably the most
powerful of any of them and it has a somewhat Netscape-like interface
but it has a few quirks that annoy me. If I were managing multiple mail
accounts, that's the one I'd choose.

I keep coming back to Netscape as my favorite basic mail app. I tried
Netscape 6 but I went back to 4.79. It's like putting on an old
comfortable pair of shoes. :-) I have all the Java, scripting, etc.
disabled for security as I'm not using it for browsing. I also disabled
the asinine "feature" where it logs onto AOL/Netscape when all you want
to do is check your local mail. It's as secure as any of the other good
ones and it works seamlessly with Norton AV for belt and suspenders
protection.

--
  Dennis