Re: OFF TOPIC: unplugged CD-ROM on W2k

Greetings Jim,

I presumed you've already tried rebooting the machine to let it
re-detect the devices?

Another route is to designate hardware instead of letting win2k locate
them during "Installing New Hardware".  Instead of letting it
autodetect, opt for "Select from a list" or something to that degree
then select what's appropriate for cdrom.  Repeat for zip drive but
make sure you have win2k drivers for the zip drive.

I haven't run win2k for a few months so I might be off.  If above
doesn't work, unplug cdrom and zip, boot up.  Shut down, plug in
cdrom, boot up and see if the machine sees the cdrom.  Now shut down
and plug in zip, boot.  Shots in the dark but those are only
suggestions I can offer via email.

Let us know how it goes.

--
Wishing You Happiness,