Code for Floor Numbers & 1- & 2-Day Cum HLMQ

Gentlemen,

Recently, I posted code for two studies:

1.  Inadvertantly: For Today's "High, Low, Mid & Quarters" ("Today's
HLMQ"); &

2.  As requested: For Today's "Floor Numbers" (ie, "Floor Traders'
Support & Resistance Numbers").

Besides various posts to this newsgroup about one or the other of these
studies, I have received Emails privately about them, asking me to
repost the code or making other inquiries.  I am making this post in
response.

The Studies:  I want to emphasize that these are two different studies,
which track different data.

Today's HLMQ:  Today's HMLQ tracks only today's data, namely today's H
as it may increase, and today's low as it may decrease, during today.
It then plots not only today's highest high & lowest low as they may
change during the day but also the price levels representative of 0.25,
0.5, & 0.75 the values between them as they may change during that day.
The next day, this study begins fresh, from the value of the opening
price.

Floor Numbers:  Floor Numbers tracks only yesterday's data, effectively
based on a daily bar --- yesterday's H, L, & C.  It then makes various
calculations based on a formula popular in the literature and yields
values that are constant for the following day (ie, today).  Values for
this study do not change except from one trading day to the next.

I have coded several variations of Today's HMLQ, and the code for them
is shown in the Notes section of that study.

I have also found it instructive to leverage Today's HMLQ into other
studies that track data covering a greater length of time, ie, more than
one day.  For studies covering only one day, ie, today, I routinely plot
those studies on a 1-min HLC-bar chart and use a study coded to show the
values only for today (ie, Date = CurrentDate).  For studies covering
more than one day, I routinely plot those studies on a >1-min C-only
line chart and use a study coded to show the values for all days on the
chart; in addition, for these studies based on multiple-days, I
routinely use code whose calculations are based only on closing values.
I enclose a third study illustrative of such a multi-day study, one
based on closes over two days ("2Day Close HMLQ").

I hope that this post satisfactorily answers any questions that remain
about these studies.  Good trading to you all.

Sincerely,

Richard