Re[3]: An S&P system which has earned $45,719.00 in the last 60 days ?

Hello Ernie,

hat with trader embroidered on it, is on my head.

EB> 1) slippage is greater than anticipated,

in particular this will happen with any system which uses a stop entry
or  exit.  testing always looks better using those methods, discount a
max. of 25% min. of 10% for that.

EB> 2) the tradable security moves quicker in anticipation of the item
EB> being tracked, in my case, the money index,

smaller  time  frames  will  show  this problem better than large time
frames,  when  combined  with  stops,  you  really  have  problems. in
diagnosing your questions i am almost certain now you are using stops.
does the method make money using buy sell on close? if not get another
method. many system can make more money using stops.

EB> 3) No trading discipline,

then get it out of your hands!  i had the same problem.

EB> 4) chasing market,

then the method is not well thought out in advance. period.

EB> 5) failing to take all trades,

then get it out of your hands!  i had the same problem.

EB> 6) second guessing the system

then get it out of your hands!  i had the same problem.

ps dunce cap back on now.

--
Best regards,
 Mark                            mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx