Re: Re[2]: Under financed trader seeking solutions to trigger pulling issue

Mark:

I'll bite. Since there were no S&P futures circa 1970 margins
would be 50% of actual stocks, i.e. $700 gets $1400 (1/2). Margins now @
$20K trades $281K (1/14). I didn't trade futures then, but I think
Corn and Bean margins aren't that different, and the actual $ values in Corn
and Beans are only about double what they were then.

Those guys did have the benefit of some awesome rallies in the
grains, but the same could be said in the 1990's of the stock index moves.

Probably I don't know what you mean,

BW