Re: NYSE /ADV/Dec

>Someone asked about NYSE Adv/Dec data. I have been given the Yahoo link by
>someone who uses this data for his Market analysis. It differs from the
>historyBank data by quite a bit. I hand enter this data in to my GS. I wish
>there was a location to get these exact numbers back a few days.

You might find better numbers at Merrill Lynch:
http://askmerrill.ml.com/markets_diaries/

They are different from Yahoo's, and I understand they're more in
agreement with the data feeds people on this list get.

I've been compiling the data from this Merrill Lynch page since
1 February 2002.  I didn't want to tell anyone because of the
potential burden on my site, but what the heck:

http://unicorn.us.com/advdec/

Histories, daily summaries, all in comma-delimited ASCII format,
compiled each day from Merrill Lynch.

If you want to set up a page like this on your site (requires a unix
account), the files for doing so may be downloaded; see link at the
bottom of the page.  This stuff hardly takes any space at all.

Warning: you will not be able to use this EOD data quite the same
way Oddball uses tick data.  Day-to-day influence of Advancing Issues on
market movements is very weak compared to intraday influence.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com