Re: Anyone heard of Dan Dowling or Daniel Dowling ???

Dear Robert,

I used to live in the Bellevue/Redmond area of Seattle and attend the local
TradeStation Users' Group there.  It was at those meetings where I met Jim
Osborn, who has run this newsgroup for many years, and Jan Arps, who I got to
know over the years.  As I recall, Jan graduated from Caltech with a degree in
engineering and spent most of his life messing around with oil wells in the
southwest.  Upon his retirement, he turned his trading hobby into a business,
became a broker and computer jockey, and ultimately put together his own
business around TS-based trading --- www.janarps.com  Several years ago, he
moved to North Carolina and later remarried.

My recollections of my conversations with him is that some years ago, he became
involved in a trading software deal with Dan Dowling which ultimately resulted
in litigation.  If you want to know more about Dowling, I would encourage you
to contact Jan, who, like Jim, I have consistently found to be a straight
shooter.

Sincerely,

Richard