Re: [dynastore-qc] Recent Data & Software Experiments

Qcom Boston servers consistently deliver more ticks (several thousand more,
in fact) than either the Esignal servers or Sunnyvale servers...both are
crummy if you use tick bars (2000 less ticks means 40 less bars each day).
But if you download the data from the Esignal servers at night, all the
data is there. What does that mean? Well, given that I'm getting a low DSL
bandwidth rate, then it looks like Esignal's tick transmission is
incomplete/filtered during RTH. Sure, it looks good because you're
comparing Esignal with Sunnyvale (which consistently transmits the least
number of ticks in the Qcom network). Also, the Boston servers deliver data
in a steadily streaming manner unlike the bursts and switched server
dropouts that I've observed with Esignal over the past 3 months. Both feed
have similar tick lags when compared to phone floor broker bid/offer market
calls.

So why do I keep DS/Esignal? Well, it's more stable than DS/Qcom. That's
pretty much it. Esignal has more negatives than I care to deal with
(incomplete tick transmission for one, no concurrent delayed/RT
transmission for another), so I'll drop it in a heartbeat when a more
suitable i-net feed comes along.

Tony

Score: Qcom 1 Esignal 0 in the bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, and nobody on
base.... :-)