Re: No More Quote.com for TS Users

Mark and others,

I think I need to pubish our position here at the omega list as well as in
our dynastore-qc list because it concerns many people:

Hello all,

There are several rumours circulating about the possible influence of new
'QDP' program rushed by Lycos/Quote.com for the 3rd party developers and
their programs.

The proposed changes will be effective June 1st and this means that any
existing version of Dynastore and Dynaloader for Quote.com will not work
after this date.

They offered us to subscribe to their new SDK starting May 1st and give us
_one_month_ to change the programs in accordance with new protocols. I.e.
the development and testing should be finished before 06/01/2002 and the
users should upgrade before this date to continue receive a data.
Earlier they offered just a "beta dll", but now this is changed to "new
SDK", i.e. will require a lot of extra work.

This 'QDP' program has also other non-acceptable conditions. I am personally
trying to get the answers on several questions before this new program will
be effective and still have no any positive answer from Quote.com (I can say
that I have no ONE answer except for the promise of Mr. Condra to "honestly"
answer my questions - this was a week ago).
Without answers, there is no sense to subscribe to this QDP thing except to
wake up and found that all these proposed "significant changes and
improvements" are just a big bubble and was implemented just to arise some
additional money for Lycos.

So until we have no positive replies from Lycos/Quote.com, I can say only
this:

1. We'll try to keep the programs working (with or without QDP) anyway after
June 1st. However, the Dynastore/Dynaloader for QC are not guaranteed to
work after 06/01/2002.
2. We're preparing the switch offers that will start May 1st and will allow
existing users to select from 2 or 3 alternative data feeds with a minimum
switch work and the maximum savings both from us (minimal or no cost for new
software at all) and the data vendors. The details are not finished yet and
will be posted as soon as possible.

I'll keep you all informed about all news and changes.

Regards,
DB