RE: TS6 Snafu - Daylight Savings Time

Update

I did have to UNINSTALL and reinstall fresh to get TS6 to work for me.  But
there is an interesting twist: If I only import the specific strategies
required for me to trade (5 or 6) and not all my other custom "stuff" that I
use for development and testing, then my 23 chart Workspace starts up just
fine.  If I import all the rest of my custom strategies and indicators etc.
it fails again.  To verify, I reinstalled TS6 once again and imported only
required strategies...  Works fine...

On a different system for testing I split my 23 chart space to 3 Workspaces.
with the new rev of TS6 and ALL my custom stuff imported (but not invoked
anywhere) the 3 Workspaces start successfully if I start them one at a time.
All three are open and appear to behave normally.  If I open them all at
once by selecting them from the "open workspace" menu, I get the
"orchart.exe" program error again.

I can reproduce the failure using the generic MACD Strategy as well, so I
know it's not my custom strategy.  It appears to be tied to

a)the number of charts to be opened simultaneously

b)and/or number of EL "files"

c) and/or problem with EL code imported from previous build

I spent 90 minutes on the phone with a TRAD tech, and while we got my system
up and running he suggested the following:
- cut and paste the EL text into another file and verify.  He says that he
has seen imported ELD files NOT work on a new build until this
cut-from-old-paste-to-new-and-verify process has been done.  Whatever. I'll
check it out when I get a chance.

* What I find interesting is that once I have the system up, running and
apparently stable, if I import my other techniques, the original failure of
my production Workspace (23 Charts) to open reappears EVEN IF THE NEWLY
IMPORTED TECHNIQUES ARE NOT INVOKED, ANYWHERE IN TS6.  Who'd have thought
that the mear "bulk" of uninvoked EL code could screw things up?

I'd continue to isolate this problem further, but my test system is
unavailable for the next couple of days, and I'm not going to send my good
system into the crapper fiddling with this... Must trade.

There was a new release (build 522) yesterday, so they must have found
something to fix.  I'm running it today and it appears to be OK...  I'll
test it to see if I can break it once I have a test system.

Thanks to all respondents to this thread.  I'll update with more as I learn.

Rob Hartman