Time Synchronization in Windows 2000

Consider a time synchronization feature in Windows 2000 itself. Yes, in
Win2k.
You need to add a registry entry and turn on the service to automated it and
you are done.
I have the Windows documentation and the .REG file. They will not go through
the Omega Server, however. E-mail me if you are interested and I will send
both to you.

Meanwhile, here are the instructions for your review.

Double click on the registry file attached to this e-mail. It is safe.
(Check for yourself) Answer yes to the prompt.

Now change your clock time so it is shows the incorrect time. This will let
you see the time update when the service is initially activated.

Next go to START, PROGRAMS, ADMIN TOOLS, SERVICES

Double click on WINDOWS TIME

Once there, click on START in the Service Status box and change the Start Up
Type to AUTOMATIC.

The time should be corrected immediately. That is it, no need to every
re-check your time again.

This enables Windows to automatically synchronize the time once every 45
minutes until successful,
3-times in a row. Then, once every 8 hours (three times per day).

Good Luck

Rich