Re: Why atomic time

At 4:53 PM -0400 4/8/02, LaciG wrote:

>I have noticed that some on this list update their cpu clock with an
>atomic clock.
>
>Why?
>
>If you set to synchronize your machine with your data provider (such as
>I have using BMI & TS2K) wouldn't that suffice?

TS2000i re-labels the time stamp of each real-time tick as it is
received. They are given the time stamp of the computer clock so you
need to be sure your computer clock is synchronized with an atomic
clock with a utility such as AtomTime. This, at least, makes the
performance the same for real-time and historical tests on the same
data. Obviously, this assures that time-stamps are in order so all
ticks can be saved in the data base.

Bob Fulks