Re: Ansbacher Index

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002 16:00:25 EDT, ItsBigDog@xxxxxxx wrote:
>Does anybody have a file of the historical values of the Ansbacher
>Index, or
>know where it can be obtained (purchased or downloaded)?
>
>Also, is there a site that provides the current value of the
>Ansbacher Index?
>
>Every time I do a search on the internet for Ansbacher, I get tons
>of IBs,
>FCMs, etc. that rant and rave about Max Ansbacher and his special
>technique
>of using the Ansbacher Index to write calls, but I cannot seem to
>find any
>historical values for the index itself.
>
>If anybody has any knowledge about how one can see the historical
>values of
>the Ansbacher Index, I would really appreciate the info!
>
>Thanks,
>Bill

Did you find his web site it is at

http://www.ansbacherusa.com/PageOne.html

There is also an explination of the Index at

http://www.ansbacherusa.com/MAR.htm

It seems to be the difference between the OEX calls and puts 35 points out of the money, and he uses it to sell naked calls or puts.

I stumbled across it some time ago and then forgot about it until you mentioned it.

Sentinel